Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Valentine's school cards

Valentine's is coming up in a week....which means you need to get on buying the supplies you need NOW, because by the weekend everything will be gone and they'll be putting out the Easter stuff  - don't you hate that?? What about us procrastinators?? What happens when we go out the night before Valentine's (or any other Holiday) to grab stuff and it's all GONE!!?? So annoying....just let us celebrate one thing at a time already!!!

Well it seems Robyn's school is on to this, because we got a note saying we needed to bring in any Valentine's a week prior to the day, so they can be sorted appropriately.  Wow....I guess her teacher is NOT a procrastinator like I am!

So, we sat down last night and assembled the goodies.  Robyn meticulously wrote out each classmate's name on the back.

I was inspired by all those "reach out and hand you a lollipop" Valentine's that are floating around the internet world.  But wouldn't you know, I couldn't find ANY lollipops! The store clerk at Wa-wa-land told me "ma'am that's a seasonal item....".  Uuuuuummmm, ooookay....what season would that be exactly?? Stuffed animals galore, and every variety of chocolate heart out there, but not a lollipop to be found! 
No worries, instead I found something even better, and I know the other parents will appreciate it:

Heart-shaped straws! $2 for a pack of 6! Even better! Aren't they adorable???

Here's what we came up with:

Cute eh? And my kids LOVE straws blowing bubbles in their milk with straw, heh.


And here's the card I made of them last year, Austin looks so little....aaawwww.....





7 comments:

  1. Great Job on the Cards!! Love the straw idea instead of the lollipops. Perfect lil' gifts for the kiddies.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks Lisa! It was a toss up between pencils or straws, and I know how much my kids love straws, so they won out! :)

      Delete
  2. What an awesome idea Sarah! I see valentines have seriously progressed since I was a kid - lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I know eh!! What ever happened to those little "I Choo-choo-choose You!" Cards! hahaha

      Delete
  3. I did the lollipops last year...the teachers thought they were great! Love the straw idea!

    Share it on my web site!
    Susan,
    http://www.ohmy-creative.com/
    A community to Create - Share - Inspire

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete